Chevy Chase Hardware
Lexington Kentucky 40502
Well established and profitable store in desirable Chevy Chase neighborhood.
About the Business
This is a well established neighborhood institution established in 1946. Main product lines are hardware, tools, paint, yard and garden supplies, electrical supplies and light bulbs, key making, window and glass repairs, tool sharpening, and small engine repairs.
This is the only remaining independent neighborhood hardware store in Fayette County. Major competition from “big box” home improvement store has forced other independent stores out. Its principal competitive advantage is its dedication to personal, customer service – something the “big box” stores cannot match.
The store has been consistently profitable, although revenues have been relatively flat in recent years, due in part to current owners slowing down and limiting some products and services.
- $325,000 plus inventory.
- Gross Income:
- $215,000 at 12/31/2018.
- Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment:
- All store fixtures and equipment included, including Toyota fork truck.
- Leased store, storage, shop/repair area, office, and parking. Store lease expires December 31, 2019 – buyer must obtain a lease to continue operations at the current location.
- 10 - 12: 4 full-time (owners & family), 6 - 8 part-time.
- Year established:
About the Sale
- Management and training support:
- Sellers to provide assistance as mutually agreed to insure a smooth transition.
- Reason for selling:
- After many years in business, sellers wish to retire.
Confidential information about this opportunity is available to qualified buyers upon signing a Confidentiality Agreement and completing a Buyer Profile - these documents are available on this website's "For Buyers"