When you are thinking about buying some business and are looking at a specific business, the real challenge is to determine if it’s the right “fit” for you. It is helpful to ask the following questions:
- Does the business look exciting and interesting to me?
- Do I feel that I can improve the business?
- Would the business offer me pride of ownership?
- Would I feel comfortable operating the business?
- Does the business meet my goals for business ownership?
- Does the business utilize my skills?
- How do I see the business helping me to operate in my strengths?
- Where will the business stretch and challenge me?
A business that fits will be a good match for your interests and skill set, provide a challenge and an opportunity for personal growth, and will meet you financial needs. Your business broker can help you assess how a specific business fits you.